On behalf of the RWC 2011 Board, we welcome the RWC 2012 Board of Officers: President: Marianne Gearhart First VP of Programs: Bunny Monroe & Alice Butler-Short Second VP of Membership: Suzanne Petrie Recording Secretary: Shirley Parsons Corresponding Secretary: Barbara Taylor Treasurer: J’Neane Coffman
Marianne Gearhart - 2012 President
The President is the guiding force that makes an organization successful in all its endeavors. The President’s duties are:
- Know the bylaws of the National Federation, the state federation and the club. Ensure that the organization functions in accordance with bylaws and standing rules.
- Preside at all meetings and ensures that meetings are conducted in accordance with parliamentary procedure.
- Appoint the parliamentarian and all standing and special committees except the Nominating Committee in accordance with state or club bylaws.
Bunny Monroe & Alice Butler-Short - 2012 1st Vice Presidents (Programs)
The 1st Vice President is responsible for performing the duties of the President in her absence or inability to serve. The 1st Vice President should be prepared to act for the president in an emergency and to take her place when necessary. The 1st Vice President’s duties are:
- Responsible for arranging for speakers to present at the club’s monthly meetings and to ensure that the topics are aligned with the club’s goals and objectives.
Suzanne Petrie - 2012 2nd Vice President (Membership)
The 2nd Vice President is responsible for club membership. In addition, the 2nd Vice President s responsible for the motivation, dedication and activity level of the membership that determines the level of accomplishment of the organization. Membership is an ongoing program that requires the participation of every member of the organization. The 2nd Vice President is also responsible for putting together an energetic committee to achieve these tasks as everyone must be alert to that potential new member. Effective membership recruitment is essentially everyone’s job. The 2nd Vice President’s duties are:
- Set reasonable and realistic goals for increasing membership each year.
- Develop a plan for membership growth that specifically meets your organization’s goals.
- Develop a brochure or flyer to promote our club.
Shirley Parsons - 2012 Recording Secretary
The Recording Secretary is the recording officer of the club and the custodian of its records, except those specifically assigned to others, such as the treasurer’s books. The Recording Secretary’s duties are:
- Keep a record of all the proceedings of the club (minutes).
- Keep on file all committee reports. The secretary should record the date they were received and what further action was taken.
- Keep the club’s official membership roll and call the roll when required.
- Make the minutes and records available to members upon request at a reasonable time and place.
- Notify officers, members and delegates of their election or appointment, furnish committees with whatever documents are required for the performance of their duties and have at each meeting a list of all existing committees and the members.
- Maintain record books in which the bylaws, special rules of order, standing rules and minutes are entered, with any amendments to these documents properly recorded and have the current record book on hand at every meeting.
- In the absence of the president and vice president(s), call the meeting to order and preside until the immediate election of a chairman pro tempore.
Barbara Taylor - 2012 Corresponding Secretary
The Corresponding Secretary is responsible for:
- Handling the general correspondence of the club as directed by the President and serves at the custodian of the personal record book, stationery and other related supplies
- Read all correspondences as requested by the President at the club meeting, and perform other duties as requested or required by the bylaws.
- Compose and send correspondence, including thank you notes, as directed by the President and/or bylaws. The corresponding secretary should also make phone calls as requested and order stationery or other necessary supplies as needed.
- Send out to the membership a notice of each meeting and conduct the general correspondence of the club.
J'Neane Coffman - 2012 Treasurer
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Being the sole custodian of all funds belonging to the club.
- Providing a treasurer’s report at every club meeting and submit treasurer report as part of the official minutes.
- The treasurer and 2nd V.P. should work together and coordinate to keep membership records and dues accurate and balanced.
- Maintain the club membership file with all pertinent membership information preferably in Excel or Access format.
- Update the 2nd V.P. and President of any additions, changes or deletions from the membership list.
- Responsible for paying VFRW dues and service charge to the VFRW.
- Preserve all records pertaining to the office of the treasurer and delivers them to her successor.
- Keeps a procedure book containing up-to-date copies of the budget, bylaws, reports given and any other information concerning duties of the treasurer.
N/A - Immediate Past President
The term “Immediate Past President” is applied to the person who just completed her term of office as President. This title is retained until the next President completes her term of office.
Following the year of presidency, the Past President should assume a passive-active role. It is a passive role in that she does not attempt to make the new President’s term of office a continuation of her expired year. It is an active role in that the next administration should receive her loyal support.
The Immediate Past President is a member of the Executive Board, and may be asked to chair various committees